Posted by Paula | Wednesday, August 18, 2010 | Category:
Landscape
|

Is there ever a time when the religious views of the church should intermingle freely with the politicial affairs of the world? The answer is no, pure and simple.
I was listening to a television ministry not too long ago. Listening from the side lines, the sermon itself seem interesting. I couldn't really hear everything until I start to focus on what he was saying. I listened for about 5 minutes hoping that I could grasp the religious teachings being taught. But the more I listened, it's the more I realized that there was no lesson being taught at all.
When the camera panned occassionally, I could see that there were over 100 people sitting there mesmerized by what was being said. The sad part of this was that there was nothing religious at all being said. This preacher was more interested in talking about what Obama was doing wrong. Then he spoke about the economy, state and international affairs. How sad. I think this pastor missed his calling. Is there ever a right to time to discuss politics in church?
I quite agree. Politics should be left to the politicians and religion to preachers, ministers and church elders. Great post!